Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Little About Me, and What I Happen to Believe In

Honestly, I've never thought much about my political stance until now. There are topics that come up in classroom discussions that I sometimes go to sleep thinking about, wondering to myself how I really feel about them. Other times, I listen to what my parents say, then form my own opinions from there. But I have to say I've never been asked what I believe in. 

Both of my parents are very strong conservative republicans, but according to all my political stance quizzes I just completed, I'm a post modern democrat. I tend to have very liberal social views because I think that our country was founded on the right of the pursuit of happiness and opportunity. I tend to have less liberal (but still not conservative) economic views. I know at this point that there is no way to get out from underneath the government's thumb, so we may as well adjust policies so most people benefit from them. 

I'm taking this class to get a further sense of what I stand for, but I know I believe that we should that we should do whatever we can to save our environment and the people in it. I believe that your sexual orientation shouldn't be a factor if you seek benefits with your partner or plan to adopt a child. I believe that diplomacy should be used more instead of force. I support our government and our country, whomever our leader is.

So that's a little about me and what I believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment